I have been in practice for over 25 years and practice Acupuncture, Tuina, remedial therapeutic massage, Qi gong (Chinese exercises for health) and dietary therapy in New Ash Green and Longfield, Kent. I graduated in massage in 1993 and in Acupuncture in 1997, achieved my PGCE in 2002, and my Masters in education in 2012.
I am a first aid instructor for the RFU, and set up and run the New Ash Green Rugby Club treatment centre, a unique multi-disciplinary, multi-bed unit, treating male and female senior and junior sports players.
Areas of expert practice
- Ear acupuncture
- Sports injuries
- Pain management
- Multi beds
- Business start ups
- Practitioner development
- Policy Writing
- First Aid
- Health and safety
I have taught acupuncture and massage for over 20 years, and have taught all aspects of Chinese medicine, living anatomy, practitioner development and setting up in practice at colleges in the UK.
I have a special interest in continuing professional development within the healthcare sector, treating sports injuries, chronic pain, and Microsystems of acupuncture.
I was until recently secretary to the Microsystems Acupuncture Regulatory Working Group, MACRWG, a profession specific group exploring, voluntary regulation of Microsystems of acupuncture in the UK, and represented this wing of the acupuncture profession at the Acupuncture Stakeholders Group. I wrote all of the policies which enabled this group to register with the CNHC, now an Accredited Register under the Professional Standards Authority.
Paul is a…
- Member of the British Acupuncture Council
- Member of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management – IIRSM
- Member of the Society for Education and Training
- Diploma in remedial massage therapy (1993)
- Diploma in acupuncture (LSATCM, 1997)
- PGCHFE (University of Westminster, 2002)
- Masters in Education (Canterbury Christchurch, 2012)